[Pacemaker] Dovecot Resource agent

Florian Haas f.g.haas at gmx.net
Mon Sep 12 09:00:57 EDT 2011

Ciao Fiorenza,

On 2011-09-12 14:45, Fiorenza Meini wrote:
> Hi there,
> I configured a test cluster for my email system: postfix + dovecot (pop3
> + imap service).
> I have problem to monitor dovecot service (postfix is ok as OCF RA ); I
> configured  it as LSB resource and I'm experiencing a strange behaviour:
> it does not start automatically, for example while starting all the
> cluster infrastructure or moving from a node to other node, but when I
> from command line give: crm resource start dovecot_res, the service is
> started.
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has configured successfully a RA for dovecot...
> Is there an OCF Resource Agent for dovecot ?

One was posted to the list not too long ago, but it was implemented in C
and there was fairly universal agreement that the code base was too complex.

The contributor has been asked to rewrite in shell which would make the
RA much more maintainable.

The related thread is here:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linuxha/dev/71552

Cheers,