[Pacemaker] Configuring Pacemaker & DRBD

Andreas Kurz andreas at hastexo.com
Mon Oct 10 12:18:47 EDT 2011

On 10/10/2011 06:04 PM, Cliff Massey wrote:
> How does stonith work in a 2-node cluster? There aren't enough nodes to make quorum and vote the bad guy out.

You need to set no-quorum-policy to ignore ... the faster one wins in a
real split brain ... if the stonith connection is still up.

So avoiding a split brain by using several independent communication
paths (including the stonith network if possible) and using direct
connected links will limit most of the stonith events to "real"
incidents and then only one node will try to fence the other, dead node.

Failed stop events will also trigger stonith by default...

Regards,
Andreas

--
Need help with Pacemaker?