[Pacemaker] Pacemaker multi node configuration

Luciano Sitzia l.sitzia at lsinformatica.net
Mon Oct 10 04:17:37 EDT 2011

Hello Andreas, you are 100% right about leaving an idle node instead of
balancing all the VM
Among all the four nodes. But the choice was to have and idle node that can
guest all the
VMs running the core business applications in the three production nodes. So
even if all three
Production nodes will go down all the core business applications will keep
on running.
Of course, when I will have clarified exactly how to setup the node in case
of fault I
Can try some different locations in case of fault.

I hope you don't mind having a look at the attached doc. I followed the
configuration
found in "HA virtualization with KVM -ISCSI - Pacemaker" by Florian Hass,
adding few
lines in order to have the VM running only in the production node and if it
will fail
will keep on running on the backup node. As I have read, that all the nodes
must to be active,
my doubt is that the same VM will try start on two nodes at the same time.

Please let me know if the attached configuration can work or there is
something missing.

Thank you so much for helping me.

My best regards.

Luciano