[Pacemaker] (no subject)

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Fri Oct 7 12:55:04 EDT 2011

On 2011-10-07 18:41, Lakshmi Goteti wrote:
> I am trying to set up a split-site clustering with Pacemaker. Each site
> is likely be served by a different ISP and plan is to have N-M config
> with 20 active nodes and 2 passive nodes. In the event of a failover,
> data needs to be replicated over to the new active node. The clients
> will be configured with a single IP address(a set of clients per each
> active node) and will have to stay that way. Basically, the failover
> should be transparent for the clients. I am not clear on how the IP
> addressing would work and how to configure this setup.
> [...]
> Any help/pointers to documentation will be greatly appreciated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BGP
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quagga_%28software%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provider-independent_address_space

I'd start with those, so you understand how you can solve your
requirement of managing a single range of IP addresses across two
uplinks managed by different ISPs. Once you've got that down, start
worrying about Pacemaker.

Cheers,
Florian

--