[Pacemaker] (no subject)

Lakshmi Goteti lgoteti at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 7 12:41:32 EDT 2011

I am trying to set up a split-site clustering with Pacemaker. Each site is likely be served by a different ISP and plan is to have N-M config with 20 active nodes and 2 passive nodes. In the event of a failover, data needs to be replicated over to the new active node. The clients will be configured with a single IP address(a set of clients per each active node) and will have to stay that way. Basically, the failover should be transparent for the clients. I am not clear on how the IP addressing would work and how to configure this setup.
Is this possible with Pacemaker?  I have seen documentation about split-site supported by Pacemaker. However, it is not clear if the nodes need to be part of the private network connected by fiber links or something or they can be connected via WAN.

Also, in case nodes being part of a private network is a requirement, can I overcome this with configuring a VPN.
And have iptables direct the public IP to the floating private IP. That ways, client will always communicate with
the known public IP.

Any help/pointers to documentation will be greatly appreciated.