[Pacemaker] [Openais] Linux HA on debian sparc

Angus Salkeld asalkeld at redhat.com
Tue May 31 17:56:39 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 06:25:56PM -0300, william felipe_welter wrote:
> Thanks Steven,
>
> Now im try to run on the MCP:
> - Uninstall the pacemaker 1.0
> - Compile and install 1.1
>
> But now i have problems to initialize the pacemakerd: Could not initialize
> Cluster Configuration Database API instance error 2
> Debbuging with gdb i see that the error are on the confdb.. most specificaly
> the errors start on coreipcc.c  at line:
>

> 448        if (addr != addr_orig) {
> 449                goto error_close_unlink;  <- enter here
> 450       }
>
> Some ideia about  what can cause this  ?

I tried porting a ringbuffer (www.libqb.org) to sparc and had the same failure.
There are 3 mmap() calls and on sparc the third one keeps failing.

This is a common way of creating a ring buffer, see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_buffer#Exemplary_POSIX_Implementation

I couldn't get it working in the short time I tried. It's probably
worth looking at the clib implementation to see why it's failing
(I didn't get to that).

-Angus