[Pacemaker] [pacemaker] Quorum in even numbered Cluster

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at clusterbau.com
Thu May 26 14:10:27 EDT 2011

> Hi,
>
> please explain me, how a pacemaker cluster, with an even number of nodes,
> selects quorum when the cluster splits into two evenly parts. For example
> a four-node-cluster breaks into two partitions each with two nodes.
>
> Best regards,
> Roman

Quorum says that the should be *more* than half of the original nodes. If a
even numbered cluster splits into two halfs none of the nodes has quorum.
Quorum will never work in a two-node cluster.

Same applies to even-numbered clusters distributed even over two computer
centers.

Greetings,

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff