[Pacemaker] using ocf:heartbeat:VirtualDomain...

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Tue May 24 06:20:33 EDT 2011

Hi Stefan,

On 24-05-11 07:00, Stefan Schneebeli wrote:
> I think you should not define the second VM with virt-install, because
> you will get a new UUID for the same VM.
> Export the VM with "virsh dumpxml evelyn.powercraft.nl
>>/tmp/evelyn.powercraft.nl.xml" on the first Node then copy the xml file
> to the other Node
> and define the VM with "virsh define /tmp/evelyn.powercraft.nl.xml" so
> both of them have the same UUID on both
> Nodes. This is the way I do it allways and it works.
> Further you have make sure that both Nodes kann do ssh without a giving
> a password to each other with a Public/Private Keypair
> for example.
> Don't forget you have to set up the DRBD Device to primary/primary
> otherwise the migration will also not work.

Thank you!

Yesterday I indeed figured out that manually copying the xml file the
issues. I used:

scp -P 222 --verbose /etc/libvirt/qemu/evelyn.powercraft.nl.xml
root at viktoriya.powercraft.nl:/etc/libvirt/qemu/
scp -P 222 --verbose /etc/libvirt/qemu/sylvia.powercraft.nl.xml
root at viktoriya.powercraft.nl:/etc/libvirt/qemu/
scp -P 222 --verbose /etc/libvirt/qemu/yasmin.powercraft.nl.xml
root at viktoriya.powercraft.nl:/etc/libvirt/qemu/
scp -P 222 --verbose /etc/libvirt/qemu/yvette.powercraft.nl.xml
root at viktoriya.powercraft.nl:/etc/libvirt/qemu/

But the dumpxml and define command looks like a cleaner way :)

I use open-iscsi with LVM on-top on both KVM host to have the (drbd)
storage available on both kvm nodes.

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Jelle de Jong