[Pacemaker] problem with ocf:pacemaker:pingd

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Mon May 23 06:30:04 EDT 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 11:47:25AM +0800, delube cheng wrote:
> Hi Dejan:
>      A few more question:
>
> *  I don't know exactly where to get rpm package for resource-agent (or how
> to build it).  "make rpm" resturns error: hg not found. The current version
> I used is 3.0.4. any tip for newbie?

Take a look clusterlabs.org/rpm

> * I check resource-agents.spec file and link ocf-binaries, ocf-directories,
> ocf-returncodes besides ocf-shellfuncs. Is there anything I should do
> additionally after "make install" ?

No, that should be fine. Though, as always, it is strongly
recommended to install through your package manager.

> * I got something in /var/log/messages like this, what does it mean?
> May 19 20:32:54 CWS-centos2 lrmd: [13157]: info: RA output:
> (IPaddr2_3:start:stderr) logd is not running

Well? logd isn't running. Can that message be improved?

>   the ha.cf configuration about logd:
> use_logd on
>     By the way, so many logs in /var/log/messages, Is there a wayto reduce
> them?

No, unless you use syslog-ng filtering to redirect some. Not
recommended to drop them because in case of problems you'll need
them to figure out what went wrong.

Thanks,

Dejan