[Pacemaker] A question and demand to a resource placement strategy function

Gao,Yan ygao at novell.com
Fri May 13 02:06:25 EDT 2011

Hi Yuusuke,

On 05/12/11 19:56, Yuusuke IIDA wrote:
> Hi Yan,
>
> I tested the correction.
>
> The problem that I reported was improved by the correction that you
> performed.
Great, thanks for doing that!

> When I tested it, I found a different problem.
>
> When I set "placement-strategy=default", it is a problem that a function
> to disperse does not commit placement by the number of the start resource.
>
> When this problem applies the patch which I affixed it to, it is settled.
>
> Is the correction with this patch right?
I understand that you think the improvement for the non-default
placement strategy makes sense to the "default" too. Though the
"default" is somewhat intended not to be affected by any "placement
strategy" so that the behaviors of existing pengine test cases and
users' deployments remain unchanged.

For "utilization" strategy, load-balancing is still done based on the
number of resources allocated to a node. That might be a choice.

Regards,
  Yan
--
Gao,Yan <ygao at novell.com>