[Pacemaker] Statefull firewall cluster Active/Pasive with conntrackd issues

Dominik Klein dk at in-telegence.net
Wed May 11 03:10:23 EDT 2011

netfilter is smarter than you think it is. It can distinguish between
packet flows forming an "allowed flow" and actually invalid packets.
That's default behaviour.

This only works if there's no helper module needed. So with the likes of
NAT or FTP connections, this will not work without conntrackd.

Unfortunately, I don't have a reference link at hand on that, but I fell
for the same thing before and this is the short version of the answer I
got in #netfilter.

hth
Dominik