[Pacemaker] Help for my first test

florin bboydflo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 05:17:36 EST 2011

Robert van Leeuwen <vanleeuwen at ...> writes:

Hi Arthur. My case is similar but I need a little extra help.

> > I have two nodes.
> >
> > Node1 (192.168.0.1)
> > Node2 (192.168.0.2)
> >
> > I want a failover ipaddress (192.168.0.3), so that when Node1 is up it has
> > eth0:0 with 192.168.0.3.
> > And if Node1 fails, Node2 get the eth0:0 with 192.168.0.3.
> > When Node1 comes up again it doesn't get the shared ip back.

I Understand the quorum settings that I need to apply, and to disable stonith. I
also read there is a command to prevent resources moving after recovery. (crm
configure rsc_defaults resource-stickiness=100
)

> Arthur,
>
> You need to setup a node preference for auto-failback of a resource.
> Also, when a node in a 2 node cluster fails you lose quorum and the cluster
cannot function unless there is quorum.
> It is highly recommended that you add a third node for quorum/voting to
prevent a "split brain" situation.
> (Especially if you have a possibity of data corruption.)
>
> If this is not possible you have to set the no-quorum-policy to ignore to
enable the cluster to continue
> functioning if quorum is lost.
> "crm configure property no-quorum-policy=ignore"
>
> You should also configure fencing devices like an APC powerswitch (preffered
way) or e.g. an IPMI device
> (almost all servers support this)
>
> Regards,
> Robert van Leeuwen

Now I have the following question
How would look the commands to set up this three IP's (especially I need a bit
more explanations about setting up a node preference for auto-failback of a
resource as you said)