[Pacemaker] ifstatus OCF RA

Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com
Fri Feb 25 02:33:31 EST 2011

> 25.02.2011 00:08, Serge Dubrouski wrote:
>> I wonder if that would be possible to make Pacemaker to move virtual
>> IP from one interface to another (not from one node to another) using
>> an RA like this one.
>
> I just use STP-enabled bridge for this purpose. All ports except one are
> blocked by STP until failure of that port.

And I needed this RA for directly opposite task: prevent resources from
run on node where aggregate speed of interfaces below such bridge will
not allow to satisfy SLA (if 10Gbps interface fails, then I cannot
provide iSCSI service with needed peak speed).

BTW, another possibility for your task (with some limitations) is
active-passive bonding. I use it also, but only for back-to-back
connection between servers. This bond interface consists of one
back-to-back 10Gbps and vlan (surprise-surprise, it works) over another
10Gbps which goes through switch stack and which is used (another vlan)
for iSCSI exports. This bond is actually used as a corosync ring.
corosync is fine with such network setup and failover is really quick.
Although this doesn't prevent problems when someone puts back-to-back
iface down on one node (another node doesn't aware of this because
lower-layer link is actually does not go down and iface is UP,LOWER_UP
there), but works well when back-to-back cable is unplugged.

Best,
Vladislav