[Pacemaker] ifstatus OCF RA

Frederik Schüler fs at fivetimesnine.de
Mon Feb 21 18:19:13 EST 2011

Hi,

On Monday 21 February 2011 21:29:19 Florian Haas wrote:
> > as the various ocf:*:ping[d] incarnations don't meet my specific needs,
>
> May I ask why and how?

ocf:pacemaker:ping works, but takes approx. 25-30s to react at all, and
approx. 40s to complete the failover. But I need an immediate failover,
exactly as it worked ages ago with heartbeat-2 and ipfail.

> Well, what if the link is up but there's an upstream problem?

Good point, but this requirement is customer-driven. I have the cluster to
initiate a failover as quickly as possible within the test cases.

I have a working setup with ocf:pacemaker:ping, but this was rejected as being
"too slow".

> I've
> always liked how ocf:pacemaker:ping actually monitors connectivity to an
> upstream IP, which covers both immediate link failure and upstream
> problems. Similar to how in active/backup bonding, you can fail over
> based on the status of an ARP request, rather than MII link status.

I just checked the redhat cluster suite: the ip.sh RA there has a monitor_link
option, which does exactly what my ifstatus RA does.
Maybe this functionality could be added to the IPaddr2 script, but I guess
that wouldn't have more chances of being added than this one, correct?

Regards
Frederik Schüler