[Pacemaker] ifstatus OCF RA

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Mon Feb 21 15:29:19 EST 2011

On 02/21/2011 08:00 PM, Frederik Schüler wrote:
> Hello *,
>
> as the various ocf:*:ping[d] incarnations don't meet my specific needs,

May I ask why and how?

> wrote a small RA using ethtool to detect a network link failure, in order to
> trigger a failover.

Well, what if the link is up but there's an upstream problem? I've
always liked how ocf:pacemaker:ping actually monitors connectivity to an
upstream IP, which covers both immediate link failure and upstream
problems. Similar to how in active/backup bonding, you can fail over
based on the status of an ARP request, rather than MII link status.

Your thoughts?
Florian