[Pacemaker] The effects of /var being full on failure detection

Brett Delle Grazie brett.dellegrazie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 12:52:18 EST 2011

Hi Ryan,

On 7 February 2011 17:24, Ryan Thomson <ryan at pet.ubc.ca> wrote:
<snip>
> We have /var mounted separately, but not /var/log. Interesting idea. Part of
> our /var problem was two fold: We had enabled debug logging and iptables
> logging to diagnose a previous problem and neglected to turn them off again
> after the diagnosis session which caused unusually high log volume, plus we
> never enabled logrotate for the firewall so it just grew and grew without
> being rotated out. Tough way to be reminded of improper configuration...

Sometimes learning things "the hard way" is necessary :)

Small word of caution about /var/log nested mount point - I haven't used this
in a long time. More modern distros that start everything at once might have
service dependency issues so YMMV.  i.e. test first.

--
Best Regards,

Brett Delle Grazie