[Pacemaker] Two virtual machines start when they fail in "Live migration".

Yuusuke IIDA iidayuus at intellilink.co.jp
Mon Feb 7 04:31:54 EST 2011

Hi,

I am going to manage the virtual machine in environment of Pacemaker-1.0.10.

However, the problem that two virtual machines are started occurs when a
transition graph of "Live Migration" was canceled on the way.

I show a procedure to generate below a problem.

1. I was going to let you do "Live Migration" of a virtual machine from host 1
to host 2.

2. In the middle of "Live Migration", monitor by pingd broke down with host 2,
and an attribute changed.

3. A virtual machine is done start of with host 3 by the management of the cluster.
Because the virtual machine which moved in migrate_to with host 1 then works, I
am in a condition that two virtual machines start.

This phenomenon thinks that it is revised in Pacemaker-1.1.
If this phenomenon is a bug, I want you to revise it in Pacemaker-1.0.

Best Regards,
Yuusuke IIDA
METRO SYSTEMS CO., LTD

Yuusuke Iida