[Pacemaker] Fedora 16 Cluster

Charles DeVoe scarecrow_57 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 1 13:34:39 EST 2011

I've spent the last month or so building linux clusters.  2 of them in a VM environment on fedora 15.  I went through the Clusters from Scratch Tutorial; which sort of worked.  At this time I am looking for a sanity check.

My requirements are  to have  a 4 node load balanced cluster with shard access to a SAN volume.  The SAN will be using GFS2.

 I believe I need corosync, Openais, PaceMaker, and GFS2 utilities.

Where the confusion is coming from is the use of CMAN in the clusters from scratch.  It seems from what I am reading that Pacemaker should be able to do everything I need and I am wondering if the use of cman is old information.

Any thoughts comments or suggestiosn are greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance.