[Pacemaker] Problem with configuring stonith rcd_serial

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Wed Oct 27 05:52:41 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 09:33:17AM +0200, Eberhard Kuemmerle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to configure stonith and get an error message that I don't understand:
>
> crm(live)# configure primitive stonith-P stonith::rcd_serial params
> hostlist="node1 node2" ttydev="/dev/ttyS0" msduration="2000"
> dtr|rts="rts"  op monitor interval="60s"
> element nvpair: Relax-NG validity error : Type ID doesn't allow value
> 'stonith-P-instance_attributes-dtr|rts'
> Relax-NG validity error : Element nvpair failed to validate attributes
> element nvpair: Relax-NG validity error : Invalid attribute id for
> element nvpair
> Relax-NG validity error : Extra element nvpair in interleave
> element nvpair: Relax-NG validity error : Element instance_attributes
> failed to validate content
> element cib: Relax-NG validity error : Element cib failed to validate
> content
> crm_verify[5810]: 2010/10/26_09:20:31 ERROR: main: CIB did not pass
> DTD/schema validation
> Errors found during check: config not valid
>
> If I remove the parameter dtr|rts="rts", the error is:
>
> crm(live)# configure primitive stonith-P stonith::rcd_serial params
> hostlist="node1 node2" ttydev="/dev/ttyS0" msduration="2000"
> ERROR: stonith-P: required parameter dtr|rts not defined
>
> so the parameter name dtr|rts seems to be ok.

The shell builds ids (which you see up there) appending instance
attribute names. The name dtr|rts contains an invalid character
(|) for the XML ID attribute type. Need to fix that.

In the meantime, you can either use cibadmin to define this
primitive, or edit the xml after defining the stonith resource:

crm(live)configure# primitive stonith-P stonith::rcd_serial params ...
crm(live)configure# edit xml stonith-P

Find the dtr|rts nvpair and replace "|" with "_" in the id
attribute. The shell may ask you if you wanted to edit again,
just answer no.

Thanks,

Dejan