[Pacemaker] Question: How many nodes can join a cluster?

Vogelsang, Andreas a.vogelsang at uni-muenster.de
Mon Oct 18 07:42:07 EDT 2010

I want to point out why a virtual cluster is better than a physical one. In my eyes it’s because of the power usage, cooling and you need less space.
I think it’s easier to cool down one server rack than a room full of tower.
In one rack you put, let’s say ten ESX server. On every ESX server you let run three nodes. So you’ve got 30 nodes.

Is this a realistic idea? Unfortunately I am not an expert in creating resources. So I don’t know if you need 30 nodes for any resource.