[Pacemaker] crm_mon SNMP function

Michael Schhwartzkopff misch at clusterbau.com
Tue Oct 5 05:51:42 EDT 2010

On Monday 04 October 2010 15:00:25 Mathias.Enzensberger at knapp.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I use openais/pacemaker v.1.1.2 on SLES 11.1 and would like to use the
> SNMP function of crm_mon.
> But this part is documented really scanty (e.g. the part for configuring
> SNMP notifications is blank).
> I found out that there is a special MIB named linux-ha-mib but I don´t
> know how to use this MIB in connection with the crm_mon command and its
> SNMP function.
>
> Does anyone of you have experience with that, or can someone document it
> shortly for me?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards
>
> Mathias Enzensberger
> Systemadministration

Hi,

they say that there is a good German about Linux Clusters published by
O'Reilly.  ;-)
The book deals with the SNMP part of the clustersoftware in a seperate
chapter.

As far a I know there are two SNMP Agents implemented in the clustersoftware
at the moment:

1) One within the crm_mon program. This one is only able to send out traps. It
does it in case of an unexpected event. Configure it with the "-s" (?) option
of the crm_mon program. Please check because I'm not quite sure about the
option.

2) A full blown SNMP subagent program called hbagent. It uses the AgentX
socket of the netsnmp agent. It provides a complete information MIB including
useful things like failcounter.

Please mail again if you are stuck using the agent and want to know more.

Greetings,

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
Guardinistr. 63