[Pacemaker] resource stop timeout broken in 1.0 branch tip

Keisuke MORI keisuke.mori+ha at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 07:18:54 EDT 2010

2010/10/2 Andreas Hofmeister <andi at collax.com>:
> Hi,
>
> it seems to me that patch
>
>  http://hg.clusterlabs.org/pacemaker/stable-1.0/rev/8241f689bf9f
>
> broke  timeouts for stop operations. The observable effect is that the
> timeout for stop operations is always 125s, regardless what was specified in
> the CIB. Reverting the part of the patch that changes "crmd/lrm.c" seems to
> fix the problem.
>
> The attached patch reverts the change to "crmd/lrm.c" and also
>
>  http://hg.clusterlabs.org/pacemaker/stable-1.0/rev/66df1404fdcb
>
> which dealt with another side effect of the change in "crmd/lrm.c" .

Hi Andreas,

You're right and I confirmed that the problem exists
in the 1.0 tip and the problem goes away with your patch.

Andrew,

Doesn't this problem exist in 1.1? Is there more changesets
that need to be backported regarding to this issues?

If not, I think that the Andreas' patch should be applied to 1.0.
It seems to me that the patch is sane as it would restore the old
behavior for the stop operation with having the resource attributes as
the first patch intended.

Thanks,

Keisuke MORI