[Pacemaker] Stonith Device APC AP7900

Chris Picton chris at ecntelecoms.com
Wed Nov 17 23:45:01 EST 2010

On 2010/11/18 1:01 AM, Andrew Daugherity wrote:

>> Right, there's currently no way to do a simultaneous reset on two
>> distinct fencing devices.
>
> There is one possible solution to this -- the APC switched PDUs do
> support being configured in multicast groups, and you can configure
> groups of outlets together, even spanning several PDUs.  For example you
> could say PDU 1, outlet 1 and PDU 2, outlet 3 are known as "webserver1",
> and then tell it to "power cycle webserver1".  If it's not already
> supported by the stonith agent it shouldn't be too hard to add it --
> APC's syntax is actually documented fairly well.
>
> The obvious disclaimer is that I haven't tried this myself.  I do have a
> similar setup, but decided it was easier to use the IPMI stonith agent
> (external/ipmi) to control my servers.

I have 'solved' this problem in two ways:
1. I have a pdu fencing script which accepts multiple ip addresses as
parameters - it instructs all pdus to turn off the relevant ports

2. I have also created a stonith_multi script which is a wrapper which
calls multiple stonith devices - in its current incarnation, this only
requires success from a single device, but is could easily be modified
to require success from all devices.

Let me know if either of those sound useful to you, and I can forward
them on.

Chris