[Pacemaker] 2 node failover cluster + MySQL Master-Master replica setup

Ruzsinszky Attila ruzsinszky.attila at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 02:50:34 EST 2010

>You're not making sense, first you say MySQL Master-Master, then you
>mention master mysqld on clusterB and slave mysqld on clusterA. So,
>which one is it:
Yes, it is true. If I stop openais and I start mysql without openais the config
is M-M (or Multi-Master).

When pacemaker starts mysql processes I can see master and slave mysqld
text from crm_mon.

>- MySQL Master-Master (or Multi-Master) which can be achieved via MySQL
>Replication
>- MySQL Master-Slave, which can be achieved via MySQL Replication as well
I'd like to implement the above. I don't know which one is right for me.
Because of M-M MySQL config I think the 1st one is my choice.

>- MySQL Master with a DRBD backend (even MySQL docs recommend this type
>of setup for some use cases) in which the MySQL instance runs only where
>DRBD is primary
I think I know this setup and don't want it now.

>- MySQL Cluster (nothing to do with Pacemaker, although they can be put
>together in a setup)
This would be the next test if I have enough time.

TIA,
Ruzsi