[Pacemaker] Explanation of the score system

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Thu Jul 1 16:21:37 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 1:48 PM, Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
<michael at schwartzkopff.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there any explanation of the score system or is it pure dark magic?

It is somewhat dark magic, though scores are now tracked in the
regression tests... so it should at least be stable dark magic.
There's been no time to really document it formally I'm afraid.

Tinkering and running ptest is about as good at it gets :(

> What is native, clone, group, and promotion color?

The use of "color" in function names is a hangover from the original
algorithm used by the PE.
These days it where the PE assigns a node to a resource.

> I understood the 1 point difference in clone resources but can anybody
> explain the 5 points difference in M/S resources? Or is it just my luck?

5 seems odd.  its not the default score set by the RA with crm_master?

> @beekhof: How about a HOWTO on this?

In my copious spare time :-)
I can only promise to try.

Though actually since we ditched failover stickiness, far fewer people
seems to be having problems with the scoring.