[Pacemaker] continue starting chain with failed group resources

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Tue Dec 14 13:37:06 EST 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 10:43:36PM -0700, Patrick H. wrote:
> After tinkering with this for a few hours I finally have something working.
>
> colocation co-raid inf: ( md_raid iscsi_1 iscsi_2 iscsi_3 )

This should be noop. You'd want something like this, I think:

colocation co-raid inf: md_raid ( iscsi_1 iscsi_2 iscsi_3 )

> order or-raid 0: ( iscsi_1 iscsi_2 iscsi_3 ) md_raid
>
> Got rid of the group, changed the score on the order to 0, and
> changed the grouping of both the colocation and order. This
> *appears* to function as intended, but if anyone can point out any
> pitfalls I'd appreciate it
>
> -Patrick
>
> Sent: Mon Dec 13 2010 21:12:04 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
> From: Patrick H. <pacemaker at feystorm.net>
> To: The Pacemaker cluster resource manager <pacemaker at oss.clusterlabs.org>
> Subject: [Pacemaker] continue starting chain with failed group resources
> >Is there a way to continue down a chain of starting resources once
> >a previous resource hast tried to start, no matter if the try was
> >successful or not?

No, that's currently not possible to express. I think that you
should take the iSCSI resources out of the cluster and let them
start on boot _before_ the cluster manager. If there are not
enough disks, then the md_raid resource is going to fail.

Thanks,

Dejan