[Pacemaker] Crowdsourcing - Need a Pacemaker catchphrase

Junko IKEDA tsukishima.ha at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 21:10:12 EST 2010

Hi,

Supplemental explanation;
We have the movie to promote Pacemaker in Japan.
http://linux-ha.sourceforge.jp/wp/

Here is the long version(about 40 seconds).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D141O2U_nyc

The main purpose of this movie is to let people know about Pacemaker,
because many people still confuse Pacemaker and Heartbeat.

Now, our boss got the additional budget to make the English version of
this movie,
(I was really surprised at this, he might have some magic wand.)
so that's why, we need your help :)
Please let me know if you have a good catchphrase for Pacemaker!

By the way, the literal translation of a Japanese phrase is like this;
Something is missing...

Computer systems have used Heartbeat for a reliable zero downtime
solution.
Now, Heartbeat is evolving to the next level of high availability and
robustness.
That's Pacemaker!
Pacemaker is the next generation of high availability clustering for
Linux.
Pacemaker achieves maximum availability for your cluster services by
detecting and recovering from node and service-level failures.
Now, for your high availability clusters,
Use Pacemaker!

I know Pacemaker is cluster manager, and Heartbeat is messaging layer,
so there might be some misleading phrases, for example, "evolving" or
"next generation".
If there is the clear phrase to explain the connection of Pacemaker,
Heartbeat and Corosync,
it's the best one.

Thanks,
Junko