[Pacemaker] error: ocf:heartbeat:IPv6addr: could not parse meta-data

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Tue Aug 24 11:52:28 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 02:55:09PM +0000, Angelo Höngens wrote:
> A reply to myself..
>
> It looks like the underlying script gives an error:
>
> [root at lb1 heartbeat]# /etc/ha.d/resource.d/IPv6addr 2001::1 status
> IPv6addr[17013]: ERROR: /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d//heartbeat/IPv6addr is not an executable file
> ERROR: /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d//heartbeat/IPv6addr is not an executable file
>
> And I now see the underlying executeable /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/IPv6addr does not exist! It seems to be missing from the RPM so it seems.
>
> I downloaded the heartbeat agents source (agents-1.0.3.tar.bz2), and if I run 'make' it does not seem to compile the IPv6addr program. There's a IPv6addr.c though, but no idea how that works..
>
> Any idea on how to proceed?

The most probable issue is that you're missing libnet. Now, that
dependency has recently been removed, so if you're brave enough
you can try the tip of the repository (i.e. unreleased software).
Or install libnet.

> Am I posting to the correct list, or should I post to some
> heartbeat mailing list?

The right list is linux-ha, but we got used to listening to
multiple lists.

Thanks,

Dejan