[Pacemaker] Could not connect to the CIB service: connection failed

Brett Delle Grazie Brett.Dellegrazie at Intact-is.com
Tue Aug 17 05:28:01 EDT 2010

Hi,

Are you using backports or the madkis repository?
For lenny you should be using backports.

I had a similar problem, remove the 'use_logd' and 'use_mgmtd' lines from your
service entry for pacemaker.  Try just removing the use_logd first.

I think the current version(s) of pacemaker no longer use logd or the service
definition in corosync no longer supports it.

btw, my service definition for pacemaker is in a separate file in /etc/corosync/services.d/

(or some similar directory - I can't quite remember and I'm not at my system at the moment).

Hope this helps.

Brett