[Pacemaker] how to keep ftp connection when swap from primary to secondary

Liang.Ma at asc-csa.gc.ca Liang.Ma at asc-csa.gc.ca
Thu Aug 26 10:42:34 EDT 2010

Hi There,

I have followed the guide in "Clusters from Scratch" written by Andrew Beekhof and successfully setup an Active/Passive pair of cluster servers. The cluster runs in Fedora 13 and includes services like apache, vsftpd and nfs. Drbd is used to allow data consistence during a failover. Everything works fine except ftp lose its connection when the service swaps from primary to the secondary or vice versa. I know to keep the ftp connection, one may need to keep the connection states for the session across the nodes. But I couldn't find clue how to do it. Does anyone there have any idea how to keep the ftp connection when swapping nodes, if it is possible?

Thanks,

Liang Ma
Contractuel | Consultant | SED Systems Inc.
Ground Systems Analyst
Agence spatiale canadienne | Canadian Space Agency
6767, Route de l'Aéroport, Longueuil (St-Hubert), QC, Canada, J3Y 8Y9
Tél/Tel : (450) 926-5099 | Téléc/Fax: (450) 926-5083
Courriel/E-mail : [liang.ma at space.gc.ca]
Site web/Web site : [www.space.gc.ca ]