[Pacemaker] crm_resource -C vs. crm/resource/cleanup

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Tue May 12 08:35:43 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 12:00:52PM -0500, Karl Katzke wrote:

> Ok, so that's not really an error, and can be ignored then?
> It's annoying to see it show up in the crm_mon and warning logs
> if it's not an actual problem... I would expect it to be an
> INFO message and not a WARN.

You're right. Must say that I'm not sure now about the exact
circumstances. Was that resource really supposed to run on that
node? Was that expected by the CRM?

> > You can run crm resource cleanup only on one node (or I
> > misunderstood).
>
> It seems that you can run it without specifying a node and it
> will run across all nodes.

It runs only on the node where you start it, but the cleanup
command is applied to all nodes. Note that the CIB is
automatically replicated.

> I don't know why it works, although
> I see the command run in . Sample, from my three node system,
> run from app-03:
>
> crm(live)resource# cleanup fs-mount-xen-lock (running on app-03 as of this moment)
> Error performing operation: The object/attribute does not exist
> Error performing operation: The object/attribute does not exist
> Error performing operation: The object/attribute does not exist
>
> Log on app-04:
> May 11 10:19:52 app-04 lrmd: [4465]: WARN: Managed fs-mount-xen-lock:monitor process 8906 exited with return code 7.

This shouldn't be a warning, but it's hard for lrmd to tell where
exit code 7 is a problem or not. Note that exit code 0 (success)
may also be a problem depending on the circumstances.

> May 11 10:19:52 app-04 crmd: [4468]: info: process_lrm_event: LRM operation fs-mount-xen-lock_monitor_0 (call=23, rc=7, cib-update=55, confirmed=true) complete not running

Yes, that's as expected.

Thanks,

Dejan