[Pacemaker] do we have nodeid?

Andrew Beekhof beekhof at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 11:37:16 EDT 2009

2009/3/18 Priyanka Ranjan <priyanka3rdfeb at gmail.com>:
> Thanks a lot Andrew for your reply,
>>
>> We decided not to expose the nodeid to "normal users" - time will tell
>> if that was a good decision.
>> The easiest way to check what value is being used is simply grep the log
>> files.
>
> I tried to grep node id  in syslog (/var/log/messages) but could not find
> any , are you pointing to some different log file.

Thats the correct file.
Newer versions should print something like this:

Mar 18 12:03:26 c001n01 crmd: [11073]: info: get_ais_nodeid: Server
details: id=155 uname=c001n01

Which means the nodeid is 155.

>> Btw. OpenAIS strongly recommends not changing nodeids when other
>> cluster nodes are running.
>

> Actually i stopped the openais on all nodes, edited the nodeid in each
> node's openais.conf and started the openais service again.  But GUI and
> crm_mon command both are showing the old node id (node name). like if we see
> crm_mon output
>
> Last updated: Wed Mar 18 10:56:26 2009
> Current DC: node2 (node2)
> Version: 1.0.2-33e92390b2ed34a99610d3588867218b1db37531
> 3 Nodes configured.
> 4 Resources configured.
> ============
>
> Node: node3 (node3): online
> Node: node4 (node4): online
> Node: node2 (node2): online
>
> as i set the nodeid to 2 , 3 and 4 . i was expecting following in crm_mon
>
> Node: node3 (3): online
> Node: node4 (4): online
> Node: node2 (2): online

nope.
openais-based clusters use `uname -n` as the "id"

"Most" people don't need to care what nodeid is being used, only those
using ocfs2 need to (due to a couple of kernel bugs)