[Pacemaker] do we have nodeid?

Priyanka Ranjan priyanka3rdfeb at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 06:36:57 EDT 2009

Thanks a lot Andrew for your reply,

> We decided not to expose the nodeid to "normal users" - time will tell
> if that was a good decision.
> The easiest way to check what value is being used is simply grep the log
> files.

I tried to grep node id  in syslog (/var/log/messages) but could not find
any , are you pointing to some different log file.

> Btw. OpenAIS strongly recommends not changing nodeids when other
> cluster nodes are running.

Actually i stopped the openais on all nodes, edited the nodeid in each
node's openais.conf and started the openais service again.  But GUI and
crm_mon command both are showing the old node id (node name). like if we see
crm_mon output

Last updated: Wed Mar 18 10:56:26 2009
Current DC: node2 (node2)
Version: 1.0.2-33e92390b2ed34a99610d3588867218b1db37531
3 Nodes configured.
4 Resources configured.

Node: node3 (node3): online
Node: node4 (node4): online
Node: node2 (node2): online

as i set the nodeid to 2 , 3 and 4 . i was expecting following in crm_mon

Node: node3 (3): online
Node: node4 (4): online
Node: node2 (2): online

Thanks and Regards,