[Pacemaker] [Openais] Need your help.

Priyanka Ranjan priyanka3rdfeb at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 12:36:04 EST 2009

On 1/29/09, Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb at suse.de> wrote:
> On 2009-01-29T10:01:05, Priyanka Ranjan <priyanka3rdfeb at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb at suse.de> wrote:
>> > On 2009-01-28T15:02:30, Priyanka Ranjan <priyanka3rdfeb at gmail.com>
>> > wrote:
>> Thanks a lot for your reply Lars
>
> Hi Priyanka, _one_ reply is quite sufficient usually - no need to send
> it to the list two times and to me personally as well.

actually i got a  mail saying my eariler mail to list got bounced so
sent the mail again :)

>> > This will also be documented in the Novell provided product docs, of
>> > course.
>>  i had no idea that openAIS doesnot support RA. can you send me the link
>> of
>> novell doc , i may get some other useful information also.
>
> The documentation is not yet public, but should be on the SLE11 HAE
> media.
>
>> i saw that dir and found heatbeat, lvm2 , ocfs2 and pacemaker there.
>>  now one question if i want to use any of these  RA  in openAIS cluster
>> can
>> i use heatbeat , lvm2 ,ocfs2 or pacemaker's RA by making them provider.
>
> Sure. That's what the provider field is for.
>
>> secauth is off in both openais.conf file. i have followed the openais
>> document. i have generted the authkey and copied it to second node also .
>> am kind of stuck here :( .
>
> If you've disabled secauth, there's no need to have an authkey file, so
> that doesn't have anything to do with it.
>
>> could you please help me. i have attached the openais.conf of one node
>> with
>> this mail. please have a look of this and let me know what's going wrong
>> here.
>
> Why are you attaching a plain text file as a Microsoft Word document?!
>
> The configuration looks fine. You need to investigate the logs and
> network setup why the nodes can't see each other.

now  i am able to form a cluster. previously i was using pvt address .
when i used  public ip  address it worked. i am bit confused here , i
believe my pvt addresses are properly configured. does openais cluster
need public ip address . i guess this should not be the case . please
let me know your view.
 one thing more can we configure a cluster having nodes which belong
to different subnet.

i have heard that hb_gui is being used as gui for openais+pacemaker.
do we have any  other gui for oepnais+pacemaker  .

Thanks a lot for your help,
priyanka.