[Pacemaker] [Openais] Need your help.

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Thu Jan 29 06:18:51 EST 2009

On 2009-01-29T10:01:05, Priyanka Ranjan <priyanka3rdfeb at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb at suse.de> wrote:
> > On 2009-01-28T15:02:30, Priyanka Ranjan <priyanka3rdfeb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your reply Lars

Hi Priyanka, _one_ reply is quite sufficient usually - no need to send
it to the list two times and to me personally as well.

> > This will also be documented in the Novell provided product docs, of
> > course.
>  i had no idea that openAIS doesnot support RA. can you send me the link of
> novell doc , i may get some other useful information also.

The documentation is not yet public, but should be on the SLE11 HAE
media.

> i saw that dir and found heatbeat, lvm2 , ocfs2 and pacemaker there.
>  now one question if i want to use any of these  RA  in openAIS cluster can
> i use heatbeat , lvm2 ,ocfs2 or pacemaker's RA by making them provider.

Sure. That's what the provider field is for.

> secauth is off in both openais.conf file. i have followed the openais
> document. i have generted the authkey and copied it to second node also .  i
> am kind of stuck here :( .

If you've disabled secauth, there's no need to have an authkey file, so
that doesn't have anything to do with it.

> could you please help me. i have attached the openais.conf of one node with
> this mail. please have a look of this and let me know what's going wrong
> here.

Why are you attaching a plain text file as a Microsoft Word document?!

The configuration looks fine. You need to investigate the logs and
network setup why the nodes can't see each other.

Regards,
    Lars