[Pacemaker] drbd : returned 8 (master) instead of the expected value: 7 (not running)

Thomas Mueller thomas at chaschperli.ch
Mon Apr 20 03:45:27 EDT 2009

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 08:50:30 +0200, Dominik Klein wrote:

> That's the "probe" monitor op. It "probes" the resource's state before
> doing anything to it. Obviously, it expects the resource to be# grep
"db: Action: monitor, Exit code" /var/log/syslog.1 | egrep -o "[[:digit:]]
+$" | sort | uniq -c
   4311 0 stopped
> right after you defined it, but it found it being in master mode, which
> usually means you started and promoted drbd outside of the cluster.

drbd was started by heartbeat/pacemaker. /etc/init.d/drbd is disabled -
just rechecked again.

drbd RA for resource "db" on ib002 never exits with 8.

extended drbd RA log ib002:
http://developerbugs.linux-foundation.org/attachment.cgi?id=1431

stats for yesterday:

# grep "db: Action: monitor, Exit code" /var/log/syslog.1 | egrep -o
"[[:digit:]]+$" | sort | uniq -c
   4311 0

4311 time exit code 0 and no other exit code - altough pengine is telling
me that "db" on ib002 returns 8 every 5 minutes (recheck interval).

for me it seems that pengine is mixing drbd "files" and "db" resource.
"files" is master on ib002.

- Thomas