[Pacemaker] ra script for clvmd?

Karl Katzke kkatzke at tamu.edu
Sun Apr 26 16:12:59 EDT 2009

I'm working with OpenSuSE 11.1 and trying to set up clvmd with pacemaker and openais. The strange thing is that it *works*, with just pacemaker running, starting clvmd manually or at boot with a generic init.d script -- but this doesn't seem to be the best solution, as clvmd in my mind should be managed by the crm. The clvmd rpm only includes the daemon and it's man file, and heartbeat-resources and others don't seem

Does anyone have a resource agent script or a quick howto on rolling my own? I seem to be having problems finding clear documentation. I'm a bit new to Pacemaker/Heartbeat/etc. as it is, so I might be lacking vocabulary that'd help me RT(most helpful)FM.

Also, I'm having problems locating a list of the resources that I have available. I currently am running a heartbeat pingd (just so that I have something running to figure out how it works...). The manual says there should be an 'ra' command inside the crm; I haven't been able to locate it. I'm using pacemaker 1.0.1, openais-0.80.3, and heartbeat-common/resources - 2.99.3.

Bonus points if you can give any hints on automating the scan/activate process across the entire cluster, which will have five-seven nodes on it...

Thanks,
-K

---
Karl Katzke