[Pacemaker] Backport from Pacemaker 1.0 to Heartbeat 2.1.4

Andrew Beekhof beekhof at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 05:51:58 EDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 08:17, Junko IKEDA <ikedaj at intellilink.co.jp> wrote:

>> > We won't be backporting anything short of extremly critical fixes
>> > (such
>> > as security issues) to 2.1.x at this time, as 2.99.x+pacemaker is a
>> > 1:1
>> > replacement.
>> >
>> > (That is true for the community releases; if necessary, SLE10 SP2
>> > customers will get updates via support+maintenance. But since we'd
>> > rather not work on 2.1.x any more, we only do this if bribed ;-)
>>
>> a LOT :-)
>
> Ok, we have to think about upgrading.
> There is no money for influencing you by bribery.

Oh we weren't being serious - if a customer finds a bug/regression in
a supported version, then we need to fix it.  No bribes are required.
This is the benefit of being a customer - you don't even need to worry
about this because regardless of what happens to clustering
"upstream", we're paid to maintain the "old" version for 7 years after
it's release.

Besides, beer and pizza are more effective for bribes anyway :-)