[Pacemaker] Question on ILO stonith resource config and restarting

Takenaka Kazuhiro takenaka.kazuhiro at oss.ntt.co.jp
Thu Nov 6 03:33:26 EST 2008

Hi Andreas.

 > I just asked Dejan some days ago what have to be done to make
 > an external stonith plugin "cloneaware". He meant nothing.
 > I never checked my ibmrsa-telnet running in a clone config.
 > Therefore I'm really interested what went wrong running this
 > plugin as a clone. Can you tell us your experiences?

When I made the previous message, I had only given other
messages of this thread quick look. Because Aaron seemed
to be bothered, so I thought I should send him any infomation
that might be useful quickly.

I reread and examined these messages includes your messages
in detail. I could get answers of my questions about problesms
that seemed to occur when ibmrsa-telnet and riloe run as
clone instances.

Now I think there is no problem to run these plugins
as clone instances. Thanks for your helpful messages.

On the other hand, such configurations to run these plugins in
a way similar to regular resource instances are still useul
according to circumstances. Because they don't ask administrators
for the detailed knowledge of the stonith mechanism.

Knowledge about stonith! That is mostly what I want to know now.
Perhaps some or more people might want to know. I hope someone
will make accurate and detailed documents about stonith.

Andreas Mock wrote:
> [...]
NTT Open Source Software Center