[Pacemaker] Update pygui to support pacemaker

Andrew Beekhof beekhof at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 06:38:04 EDT 2008

On Apr 21, 2008, at 12:12 PM, Xinwei Hu wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>  We are about to update mgmtd to support pacemaker, here are some
> issues we want to clarify.

I hope you mean "support openais", since it already works with
pacemaker which is just the cluster manager :-)

> 1. mgmtd used to get a list of all nodes from hb. This is about to be
> changed. But should we get it from crm ? Or from ais ? The later one's
> better at first glance.

Have a look at how the CIB process does it (eg. cib_init() ).
There is a bunch of stuff in libcrmcluster.so that hides most of the
details of the chosen stack.

> 2. mgmtd use to get a list of hb parameters:
>      apiauth, auto_failback, baud, debug, debugfile, deadping,
> deadtime, hbversion, hopfudge,
>      initdead, keepalive, logfacility, logfile, msgfmt,
> nice_failback, node, normalpoll,
>      stonith, udpport, warntime, watchdog, cluster
>   I suppose all of these are not exist in pacemaker anymore. Will be
> safe to remove them all ?

Please don't remove them.
We still want the GUI to be able to support heartbeat-based clusters.

> 3. Type of node. For hb, there are normal node and ping node. What
> about pacemaker ?

There wont be any ping nodes in openais clusters.