[ClusterLabs Developers] Need advice on troubleshooting Custom Resource Agent

Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais jgdr at dalibo.com
Sun May 3 09:24:32 EDT 2020

On Sun, 3 May 2020 05:15:04 +0000
Taylor <tschneider at live.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I have written a custom resource agent. I believe I have implemented the
> required functionality after looking at the requirements docs and code
> samples from other RAs.
>
> The issue I am having is that the resource agents are all slaves in my three
> node cluster. When I try to force the promotion of a node it enters the
> failed state.

How do you force the promotion? Do you raise messages using ocf_exit_reason when
your RA returns errors?

Could you provide a small part of log showing the messages when you try to
promote your resource? Could you put Pacemaker in debug to gather more logs
(PCMK_debug=yes in /etc/default/pacemaker or /etc/sysconfig/pacemaker)?

Could you share your RAs code?