[ClusterLabs Developers] How to implement fencing agent with no associated hardware device with Pacemaker?

Reid Wahl nwahl at redhat.com
Wed Jul 29 23:42:25 EDT 2020

I didn't see the phrase "how to develop" until after I sent the previous
message. What is the reason for needing to develop a custom fencing agent?
An already-built one might save you some work.

Basically, you need some reliable method to cut off an unhealthy node's
access to shared storage, without depending on that node being responsive.
So for example, anything that involves logging into the failed node is
unreliable.