[ClusterLabs Developers] [HA] future of OpenStack OCF resource agents (was: resource-agents v4.2.0)

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Wed Oct 24 09:03:56 EDT 2018

On 24/10/18 14:42 +0200, Valentin Vidic wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 01:25:54PM +0100, Adam Spiers wrote:
>> No doubt I've missed some pros and cons here.  At this point
>> personally I'm slightly leaning towards keeping them in the
>> openstack-resource-agents - but that's assuming I can either hand off
>> maintainership to someone with more time, or somehow find the time
>> myself to do a better job.
>>
>> What does everyone else think?  All opinions are very welcome,
>> obviously.
>
> Well, I can just comment that with all the python agents coming in,
> the resource-agents package is getting a bit heavy on the dependencies
> (at least in Debian) so we might decide to split it at some point in
> the future.

At least packaging-wise, I think it would certainly be helpful to
split the current monolith of resource-agents.  Luckily, streamlined
user experience (catalogue of resources that are readily configurable)
is not necessarily in opposition to deliberate picking of particular
cherries from the basket (weak dependencies, catch-all meta packages
like it exists with fence-agents-all dependencies-only RPM, etc.).
Exactly to avoid the dependency creep.

Sorry for little off-topic, I don't have any opinion on the main
discussed matter.

--
Nazdar,
Jan (Poki)