[ClusterLabs Developers] New LVM resource agent name (currently LVM-activate)

Eric Ren zren at suse.com
Thu Nov 23 06:02:59 EST 2017

Hello Kristoffer and all,

On 11/23/2017 04:54 PM, Kristoffer Grönlund wrote:
> I am getting the feeling that the best thing to do would be to combine
> the two agents. It sounds like the main thing added by LVM-activate is
> the two new modes, which could be added to the existing agent?
> Especially now that the activation modes are more or less plugins to the
> old agent.
>
> LVM vs. LVM2 is confusing enough on its own, if there's an actual lvm2
> project that just makes it even worse... IPaddr and IPaddr2 is a
> situation we don't want to repeat. :/
>
> Even if it means some extra work, I suspect it will be worth it in the
> end to combine them.
Merging the old and new sounds great, but honestly I don't know how to
achieve it
cleanly.  I think David would agree with me that: as lvm2 developers, we
can provide
helps from our perspective as we can, but it's not enough. I appreciate
any work to improve
them better for the end users :)

Thanks,
Eric