[ClusterLabs Developers] Query: Related to CLI error

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Fri Jul 7 09:59:33 EDT 2017

On 07/07/2017 05:58 AM, Swati Smaranika Kar wrote:
> Hi Team,
>

> I am new to Pacemaker and Corosync. As a developer I was looking through
> the code of it.
>

> While configuring a resource on a node with CLI command : (pcs resource
> create Cluster_VIP11 ocf:heartbeat:IPadd)
>
> I got the error saying “Error: Unable to create resource
> 'ocf:heartbeat:IPadd', it is not installed on this system (use --force
> to override)”, which is a valid error message.
>

> Then I searched for the same message in the pacemaker
> code(Pacemaker-1.1.16) with grep command *grep –inr “Unable to create
> resource” *,* but unable to find it.
>

> Can someone having hands-on experience with the code understanding let
> me know where the particular error message exist.
>
> How to figure out the CLI error message location.
>

> Thanks
>
> Swati Kar

That message is coming from pcs, not pacemaker -- pcs has a separate
code base. Sometimes pcs passes through messages from pacemaker, so you
do need to check both sometimes. You can find all the ClusterLabs
projects' source code at:

  https://github.com/ClusterLabs

You probably already figured out your issue, but for the record, the
correct agent is "IPaddr2" not "IPadd".