[ClusterLabs Developers] moving cluster-glue to github

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Wed Oct 19 06:25:16 EDT 2016

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 12:03:38PM +0200, Lars Ellenberg wrote:

> > > I’m not sure I realised that.
> > > I’ve created a blank repo, just:
> > >
> > > git remote add origin git at github.com:ClusterLabs/cluster-glue.git
> > > git push -u origin master
> > >
> > > I cheated and used the same team as crmsh, let me know if you’d prefer a separate one.
> > >

> > Thanks!
> >
> > I have imported the cluster-glue repository, so it should now be in the
> > same state as the mercurial repository. I also updated the README to
> > actually contain a brief description of the project (stolen from the
> > linux-ha.org wiki).
> >
> > https://github.com/ClusterLabs/cluster-glue
>
> The import-by-github of the mercurial resulted in a usable tree,
> but in a very bogus history.
> bogus as in needless merges, number of commits without parents
> just popping into existence out of nowhere, other similar crap.

Hrm. Never trust the tools! ;-)

> Just compare the resulting commit history using gitk, qgit,
> git log --graph or whatever you like, and also compare that
> to the original mercurial using hg log -G or similar.
>
> I re-imported using git-remote-hg
> (git remote add lha hg::http://hg.linux-ha.org/glue)
> and force-pushed that over to github ClusterLabs/cluster-glue master
>
> kept the old github imported master for reference for now as
> master-as-originally-imported-by-github-hg-importer
> 08bec629045c285746046796c84ae71f2ef34016
>
> But I intend to delete that branch eventually.
>
> Every interested party:
> please re-clone, or hard reset,
> and rebase anything you may have against that new clusterlabs master.
>
> This also should make it "easy" to keep the hg repo in sync,
> as long as we may want to do that. Before we finally close it down
> completely.

Not sure what's the benefit of keeping the old hg repository. I
know that the resource agents are still at linux-ha.org too, but
cannot anymore recall why. Well, I guess that either way is fine.

Many thanks for looking into this!

Cheers,

Dejan

P.S. Move the heartbeat too? ;-)