[ClusterLabs Developers] moving cluster-glue to github

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Oct 19 06:03:38 EDT 2016

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 08:59:45AM +0200, Kristoffer Grönlund wrote:
> Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net> writes:

> > I’m not sure I realised that.
> > I’ve created a blank repo, just:
> >
> > git remote add origin git at github.com:ClusterLabs/cluster-glue.git
> > git push -u origin master
> >
> > I cheated and used the same team as crmsh, let me know if you’d prefer a separate one.
> >

> Thanks!
>
> I have imported the cluster-glue repository, so it should now be in the
> same state as the mercurial repository. I also updated the README to
> actually contain a brief description of the project (stolen from the
> linux-ha.org wiki).
>
> https://github.com/ClusterLabs/cluster-glue

The import-by-github of the mercurial resulted in a usable tree,
but in a very bogus history.
bogus as in needless merges, number of commits without parents
just popping into existence out of nowhere, other similar crap.

Just compare the resulting commit history using gitk, qgit,
git log --graph or whatever you like, and also compare that
to the original mercurial using hg log -G or similar.

I re-imported using git-remote-hg
(git remote add lha hg::http://hg.linux-ha.org/glue)
and force-pushed that over to github ClusterLabs/cluster-glue master

kept the old github imported master for reference for now as
master-as-originally-imported-by-github-hg-importer
08bec629045c285746046796c84ae71f2ef34016

But I intend to delete that branch eventually.

Every interested party:
please re-clone, or hard reset,
and rebase anything you may have against that new clusterlabs master.

This also should make it "easy" to keep the hg repo in sync,
as long as we may want to do that. Before we finally close it down
completely.

> What remains is to update the mercurial repository and the linux-ha.org
> wiki to point to the github repository instead of the hg one. Dejan or
> Lars, could you take care of this part?

I'll look into that "later".
Feel free to poke me in case it falls through...

Thanks,

--
: Lars Ellenberg
: LINBIT | Keeping the Digital World Running

DRBD® and LINBIT® are registered trademarks of LINBIT