[ClusterLabs Developers] Are clufter-cli, lib-ccs, lib-general and lib-pcs part of Clufter ?

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Thu Jul 7 10:57:48 EDT 2016

On 30/06/16 13:42 +0530, Anup Halarnkar wrote:
> I was able to build rpm for clufter package from github for OS: RHEL7.2/
> Arch: PPC64LE.
>
> The one's created were:
> 1 .clufter-0.56.3-1.ppc64le.rpm
> 2. clufter-0.56.3-1.src.rpm
> 3. clufter-0.56.3.tar.gz
> 4. clufter-debuginfo-0.56.3-1.ppc64le.rpm

Items 2. and 3. are actually sources (or, at least, intermediate
products used further) into the RPM packages building process.

Item 1. is suspicious as "clufter" is just a "provide" (e.g, something
to satisfy "yum/dnf install clufter" command) of clufter-cli RPM.

And I miss python-clufter (arch-specific) package in your listing.

> But, i also came across many other clufter libraries as given below:
>| -------------------------------|
>| clufter-cli                    |
>| -------------------------------|
>| clufter-lib-ccs                |
>| -------------------------------|
>| clufter-lib-general            |
>| -------------------------------|
>| clufter-lib-pcs                |
>| -------------------------------|

These packages are all "noarch", meaning that they are not for specific
architecture and, in turn, located in "noarch" sibling directory
to "ppc64le" one (likely located in ~/rpmbuild/RPMS if you used
non-customized "rpmbuild --rebuild" invocation on clufter-*.src.rpm)
that itself should contain python-clufter-*.rpm.

> Is there any specific command that i need to give to build these rpm's or
> are these part of some other package?

Basically everything you need is the official tarball(s)
(https://pagure.io/releases/clufter/) plus the spec file that is
either available upstream:
https://pagure.io/clufter/blob/master/f/misc/clufter.spec
(you'll likely want to apply distill-spec on it so as to get
something less obfuscated: https://pagure.io/distill-spec)
or you can grab ready-to-use spec file as used in Fedora:
https://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/clufter.git/tree/clufter.spec

> Will greatly appreciate any inputs.

Hope this helps.

--