[ClusterLabs Developers] OCF under the Linux Foundation?

Kristoffer Grönlund kgronlund at suse.com
Tue Aug 16 01:44:03 EDT 2016

Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com> writes:

> How does everyone feel about this? Should we host the OCF standards
> under the Linux Foundation, for greater reach and authority, and clear
> neutrality? Or should we bring it under ClusterLabs, to keep everything
> as simple as possible (and perhaps emphasize support for OSes beyond Linux)?

To me, bringing it in under ClusterLabs sounds more interesting, to be
honest. The community has direct control and it further clarifies that
ClusterLabs is the core development hub for Pacemaker-based HA, plus
it's an opportunity to make the process for proposing changes simple and
clear: Make a pull request at github.com/ClusterLabs/ocf, the discussion
and acceptance/rejection happens there.

The OCF standard is already stagnated, bringing in more overhead and
process isn't going to improve that situation. From my perspective, it
needs less of that, not more.

--
// Kristoffer Grönlund
// kgronlund at suse.com