[ClusterLabs Developers] RFC: Website updates

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Mon Mar 30 11:22:32 EDT 2015

On 03/29/2015 11:32 PM, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> Would anyone like to comment on the changes at http://oss-uk-1.clusterlabs.org/ before I push them to the main site?

Great start!

It brings up a question about the project name.

The discussion at the summit was that projects like OpenStack benefit
from having a marketing-friendly umbrella brand for a collection of
distinct components.

Everyone agreed an umbrella for clustering components would be a good
idea. It would be hosted at the Cluster Labs sites, and "Cluster Labs"
would also be the interim name of the project itself.

On a permanent basis, we could keep Cluster Labs as the project name
(e.g. "Cluster Labs Pacemaker"), or it could host the project (e.g.
"Cluster Labs, Home of ProjectX" and "ProjectX Pacemaker").

Is everyone happy with keeping "Cluster Labs" as the permanent umbrella
name, or have other suggestions? Previous umbrella names Open Cluster
Framework (OCF) and Linux-HA didn't stick, but we're hoping this is a
good time to catch fire now that there are fewer competing projects and
everyone here's jumping in.